Let’s Work Together To Bring A Change!
Hello. It’s great to e-meet you. Thank you for paying my site a visit. I am glad you’ve made it this far and are researching ways to better your life through therapy. That’s always the first step.
My name is Wendy, and ever since I was young, I have felt the consistent tug, ushering me towards a life of helping others. I have spent my adult years polishing and perfecting my craft as a therapist, through practice, training, and research. Some of the high points about my qualifications you might be interested to know include:
- I am level three certified in Gottman Couples Therapy and the Externship in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT).
- I have extensive training in Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), The Nurtured Heart Approach, Motivational Interviewing and Narrative Therapy.
- I am certified in Discernment Counseling. And am currently studying the newly developed The Dougherty Approach for Couples Counseling.
- I have experience as a grad school educator.
- I possess many years of supervision and mentorship.
- I am a course creator and author.
- I live my life according to faith, embrace learning and sharing the science of my trade; I respect and value my clients and people from all backgrounds and beliefs.
I am passionate about empowering individuals to make confident, moral choices congruent with their value system and adopt behaviors that are healthy for themselves and those around them.
God has afforded me a wonderful life, but it has certainly not been without its challenges. I have learned through trial and tribulation like us all. I realize the importance of consistently desiring to grow. That modeling courage, compassion, and critical thinking is vitally important to my clients.
I believe in a loving God, both healer and shepherd. I believe in mentorship and counseling, offering words of wisdom and a guiding light. But above all else, I believe in you, and I know that together, we can overcome even your darkest struggles.
The following tenets guide my practice:
- All people are special, valuable, and capable of change.
- Truly knowing, living your authentic self and believing in yourself can provide the strength you need to grow and excel.
- Every journey is made up of small steps that cover incredible distances.
- Rapid healing is possible with the right commitment and principles.
- Right and wrong are not absolutes; there is no one way to achieve your goals.
- Focusing on the betterment of what is in our control, and letting go of that which is not, is a tried-and-true pathway to healthy living.
- Adherence to your values and healthy living are essential in all things.
- Having close connections and a good support system are vital.
- Every person has strengths, skills, and abilities.
- Good boundaries and the ability to stand firm in them create healthier souls and relationships.
- Everyone has dreams, goals, and the potential to make them come to life.
I believe people are quite a lot like trees. And like trees, sometimes, we do not grow in the way we might intend. To fully bloom, we must address those things beneath the surface. We must seek to correct our environment and better understand how our roots have impacted our growth.
Counseling is a way by which we can make those changes. Through therapy, you can work to unearth the roots of your life story, the beginnings that have created your foundation. And while you cannot change the way you’ve grown thus far; you can choose how best to climb from here. We will do this collaboratively, working together to evaluate and understand the traumas, hurts and wounds that have afflicted you, the undesirable behaviors those problems have encouraged, and how you can turn your gaze upward with confidence, towards the canopy of a better life.
Therapy relies on an understanding of the whole person, and in that way, it is a gradual process of healing. Rapid change can surely occur, and when it does, it is a sensational feeling of accomplishment. But bookending these triumphant moments are many sessions of learning, getting in touch with your emotions, and practicing empathy. Growth takes patience, and although the road may be long, it is straight and true. If we are consistent, the road will deliver you exactly where you want to be.
I believe in concentrating on your strengths and solutions. Offering you genuineness, empathy, respect, and a listening ear. And providing you with exceptional care and service.
But that’s enough about me – let’s get to know a little more about you! You can contact me here to get started. I am very much looking forward to meeting you. Contact me today!