I take a location-independent approach to counseling!
At this time, I ONLY provide counseling services via telephone and a secure, HIPPA compliant video chat platform. No office is necessary! It is secure, simple to use and the same great service one would receive in office.
Telehealth, or online counseling, is a great option for:
- People sheltered-in-place or have situations where they cannot leave the home or are unable to travel
- People who travel often, whether for work or pleasure
- Professionals with offices at multiple locations, making in-person sessions inconvenient
- Individuals who are unsure about how therapy can help them and want to try online counseling first
- Couples in long-distance relationships
- Individuals who cannot take time off from work or want to meet more frequently than their work schedules will allow
- People who live in rural areas with few counselors
- Current clients who have relocated and want to continue working with their existing counselor
- Those days that weather does NOT permit driving or people who don’t like to drive
- People with busy schedules that want help but don’t have a lot of time
- People who are more comfortable talking at home or in a more informal setting
- Individuals who want counseling and the convenience Telehealth offers
Many studies have shown that video therapy can be equally as effective as face-to-face therapy. In fact, a 2013 study at the University of Zurich showed better results for digital therapy when treating depression than from a group treated with face-to-face therapy!